Copyright Callander Kirk 2017
have an organ. ‘Ah, man, would you have us take to the devil’s band?’ was his answer.”
Collies still come at times today but are left in the cars. To his horror, the wee precentor would find an organ played professionally. The devil would be driven to distraction by the melodies which precede the actual advent of worship. He has lost many good tunes.
Trossachs Kirk, with its own pastors, remained under the minister of Callander Parish until 1866. From then until 1954, it was independent. With the retiral of the Reverend Martin MacRae, the fate of congregation and building was in doubt. One of the Callander clergymen offered to add it to his charge. The Reverend Malcolm MacCorquodale’s generous act set a pattern carried on by all who joy to hear prayer, preaching, and praise in this beautiful building set in such a lovely landscape. People of many branches of the Christian Faith come from near and far to be married within its wall. In 1985 Trossachs Chuch became part of the congregation of Callander Kirk and its future as a significant place of worship is assured.
A brief history of Trossachs Church by Archie Smith continued
|Order of Service|
|Tea Pot Cafe|